IIRS Admission 2020 | Entrance Exam | M.Sc / M.Tech / PG Diploma / Certificate Coures| Last Date- 27/03/2020 |
- For M.Sc. in Geo-Information Science & Earth Observation, candidates must have a minimum of 60% marks in Graduation with Science. However, an M.Sc. degree in the relevant discipline is preferred.
- For M.Tech, the candidates must have a minimum of 55% in the qualifying exam, which can be M.Sc, M.Tech, B.E/B.Tech or B.Sc in the relevant discipline.
- Admission to the M.Sc and M.Tech programs. is based on the entrance exam, interview and academic score.
- Govt. sponsored candidates are exempted from appearing in the entrance test in the case of M.Sc admission only.
- Admission in PG Diploma courses is based on merit with special preferences to Govt. sponsored candidates.
Note: IIRS also offers NNRMS-ISRO sponsored certificate course for professors.
|Name of the Institute||Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS)|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Test for M.Sc. and M.Tech Merit for PG Diploma courses Entrance Test for Ph.D.|
|Application Mode||Both Online and Offline|
|Name of the Entrance||IIRS Entrance Exam|
|Entrance Mode||Both Offline and Online|
IIRS M.Sc & M.Tech Admission 2020
IIRS offers PG degree in M.Sc. in Geo-Information Science & Earth Observation. The minimum eligibility criterion to take admission in this particular course is to have a score of 60% marks in the qualifying exam.
IIRS also offers an M.Tech course in Remote Sensing and GIS applications. The eligibility criterion for candidates seeking admission in M.Tech is to have a minimum of 55% in the qualifying exam.
Final selection of candidates is based on IIRS entrance exam, followed by an interview and academic record.
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure|
|M.Tech||Agriculture and Soils||
The candidate should have secured a minimum of 60% marks in the qualifying exam, which can be M.Sc or M.Tech (Physics, Applied Physics, Electronics., Math, Applied Math, Statics, IT, Computer Science, Geology, Geophysics, Geo-Engg., Agriculture, Forestry and Environment Science) Or Master in Geog. (having B.Sc. in science subjects).
B.E/B.Tech, B.Sc.(Engg.) in Civil, Electronics & Communication., Computer Science, IT, Electrical, Geoinformatics, Geomatics, Agricultural Geoscience., Petroleum., Mining, Forestry or equivalent.
The candidates with B.Arch, B.Plan, M.Arch or M.Plan Degree are eligible to apply. Or The candidates with MCA degree along with B.Sc. in Science subjects are also eligible to apply.
|The score in IIRS Entrance Test followed by the performance in the interview and academics.|
|Forest Resources & Ecosystem Analysis|
|Marine & Atmospheric Sciences|
|Urban & Regional Studies|
|Satellite Image Analysis & Photogrammetry|
- In the case of an M.Sc program, the candidates sponsored by the Government are exempted from appearing in the entrance test.
- A Bachelor’s degree in science is accepted. However, preference is given to the candidates with a PG degree in Science.
- The degree is awarded by the University of Twente, The Netherlands under Joint IIRS-ITC Education Program.
- Diploma holders with an engineering degree in the relevant discipline will be awarded for the M.Tech course.
- GATE qualified candidates should also have to appear for the entrance exam.
- In the case of an M.Tech program, the candidates sponsored by the Government are exempted from the written entrance exam but they have to appear for an interview.
1. For M.tech:
2. For M.Sc
IIRS PG Diploma Admission 2020
IIRS offers several PG Diploma courses, for which the minimum eligibility criteria is to have a bachelor’s degree in Science or Science with Math. However, the candidates with Master’s degree in the relevant subject will be given preference.
The final selection in the PG Diploma course is based on merit by considering the academic record and experience.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure|
|PG Diploma||Agriculture and Soils||
M.Sc. in Agriculture (Soil Sci., Agromet., Agron., Plant Physiology., Horticulture., Soil Conservation., Watershed Management or Environment Science).
4-Year B.Sc. (Agri., Hort.) or B.E/ B.Tech in (Agril. Engg., Agri. Informatics).
M.A/M.Sc. in Geography
|On the basis of merit in the qualifying examination followed by the performance in the interview and calculation of the relevant work experience.|
|Forest Resources & Ecosystem Analysis||
A 4-year B.Sc in Forestry, Biotech., Forest-Biotech., Bioinformatics.
B.E/B.Tech. (Biotech., Forest. Biotech, Bioinformatics, Genetic Engineering)
M.Sc (Forestry, Ecology, Botany, Wildlife Sci., Biosci., Zoology, Environment Sci., Life Sci., Plant Science) with Biology subjects at Graduation level
M.A/M.Sc. in Geography
B.Tech/B.E. in Civil Engg., Geosci., Petrol.Engg., Mining Engg., Mineral Processing
M.Sc/ M.Sc.(Tech.), M.Tech. in Geol., Appl. Geol., Geophysics., Earth Sci., Geo-exploration., Petrol. Engg., Geo-Engg., Mining Engg., Geography
|Marine & Atmospheric Sciences||
M.Sc. in Marine Sci., Earth Sci., Phy., Oceanog., Meteor., Atm. Sci., Env. Sci., Math
Master in Geography with B.Sc. in Phy., Chem., Math, Geology, Env. Sci. , Marine Biology
|Urban & Regional Studies||
B. Plan., B.Arch Or B.E/B.Tech. (Civil, Comp. Engg., I.T.)
Master (Plan., Arch., Civil, Comp. Engg. , IT, Geo-inform. or equivalent, Env.Sc. Or M.A/M.Sc. in Geography
B.E/B.Tech. (Civil Engg., Agril. Engg., Water Resources Engg., Structural Engg.)
Master (Geol., Env. Sci.)
|Satellite Image Analysis & Photogrammetry||
B.E/B.Tech., B.Sc. Engg. (Civil, Electronics, Electrical, E.C.E., Comp. Sci., Comp. Engg., IT, Geomatics, Geoinform., Remote Sensing)
M.Sc/M.Tech. (Phy., Appl. Phy., Maths, Chem., Stat., Appl. Maths, Geoinform., Geomatics, Remote Sensing or equivalent), Geography with Science Subjects at Graduation level
|Natural Hazards & Disaster Risk Management||
B. Arch., B. Plan., M. Plan. Or M.A/M.Sc. in Geography OR B.E., B.Tech. (Civil, Agril., Env., Geosci., Geoexplor., GeoEngg., Earthquake Engg., I.T., Comp. Sci.)
B.Sc. (4-year Forestry, Agri.)
Master (Disaster Mgmt.), MCA with Science Subjects at Graduation level Or M.Sc. (Phy., Maths, Chem., Botany, Zool., Geol., Earth Sci., Env. Sci., Marine Sci., Atm. Sci., Agri., Forestry)
- The age limit for admission in PG Diploma courses is 45 years.
- Diploma holders with an engineering degree in relevant discipline will be allowed for both PG Diploma courses.
- Special preference will be given to the Government Sponsored candidates.
IIRS Certificate Courses Admission 2020
IIRS offers several specialized certificate courses of short durations, with a focus on foreign national candidates. The minimum eligibility criterion is to have UG or PG degree in Science or a 5-year Diploma in Physics., Chemistry., Math, Botany, Forestry, Zoology, Wildlife Sci., Environment. Sci., Life Sci., Agri. Sci or Meteorology.
The final selection in these short duration certificate courses is based on the merit by considering the academic record and experience.
IIRS also offers a few NNRMS-ISRO sponsored certificate courses for the faculty of the institute only. The minimum eligibility criterion to take admission in these courses is to have a PG degree in the relevant subjects. Final selection of the candidates is a subject matter of seat availability.
|Course||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Procedure|
|Remote Sensing with focus on Digital Image Processing||UG/ PG Degree/ 5-year Diploma in Phy./ Chem./ Math/ Botany/ Forestry/ Zool/ Wildlife Sci./ Env. Sci./ Life Sci./ Agri. Sci./ Meteorology (Agro/ Hydro), Geog. (with B.Sc. at Graduation. level) or any other Sci./ any discipline of Engineering With sufficient knowledge of Math/ Statistics at the high school level.||On the basis of merit in the qualifying examination followed by the performance in the interview and calculation of the relevant work experience.|
|Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation||Graduate in any discipline with the experience of 2 years.|
NNRMS-ISRO Sponsored Certificate Courses:
|GIS Technology and Advances||PG Degree in Sci./ Engg./ Geog. / MCA|
|RS & GIS in Water Resources||PG Degree in Civil / Agril. Engg.|
|RS & GIS in Forestry/ Ecology / Wildlife/ Env. Sciences||PG Degree in Bot. /Ecol. /For. /Env. Sci. / Zool. / Wildlife Sci. /LifeSci. / Biosci.|
|RS & GIS in Urban & Regional||PG Degree in Plann. /Civil Engg. /Arch./Geog|
|RS & GIS in Cartography and Mapping||PG Degree in Sci./ Engg./ Geog.|
|RS & GIS in Geosciences||PG Degree in Geol./Appl. Geol./ Geophy./ Geog|
|RS & GIS in Soils & Land Use Planning||PG Degree in Agri./Geog./ Env. Sci./Agric. Engg./Soil Cons.|
|RS & GIS in Coastal & Ocean Sciences||PG Degree in Marine Sci./Geol./Oceanog./Appl. Geol./ Env. Sci.|
- The candidates must have 2 years of work experience as middle-level resource managers and professionals from Govt. or NGOs.
- The candidates must apply for these short duration certificate courses through Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India.
- The sponsored candidates under NNRMS-ISRO Sponsored Certificate Courses are paid TA/ DA as applicable by ISRO/ DOS rules.
IIRS Ph.D. Admission 2020
IIRS offers a Ph.D. degree in Remote Sensing and GIS applications. The eligibility criterion for candidates seeking admission in Ph.D. is to have a Master’s degree in the relevant subject. The selection of the candidates is based on the IIRS entrance exam followed by an interview and academic performance.
IIRS Application Process 2020
Candidates seeking admission can register themselves for IIRs Entrance Exam by visiting the official website. On the other hand, the candidates seeking admission in PG Diploma courses and Sponsored courses, must download the application form from the official website. However, the candidates looking for Specialized Certificate Courses must apply through the Ministry of External Affairs, Govt. of India.
- Visit the official website of IIRS.
- Go to the Academic Programs tab followed by Application Form page.
- Download the application form.
- Fill the form correctly, based on the course of choice.
- Attach the required documents as mentioned in the eligibility criteria.
- Submit the application form at the institute along with the application fee.
Note: Number of seats per course are subject to changes as per the facility available and the decision of Director, IIRS.
For Detailed Information:
|OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION||CLICK HERE|
|APPLY NOW||CLICK HERE|
|OFFICIAL WEBSITE||CLICK HERE|
|ANY CORRIGENDUM / ADDENDUM||CLICK HERE|
|TO DOWNLOAD ADMIT CARD||CLICK HERE|
|FOR RESULTS||CLICK HERE|
JOIN OUR TELEGRAM GROUP FOR ANY QUERIES : CLICK HERE
|BUY PREMIUM UPDATES NOW||CLICK HERE|
For all details in Hindi , How to apply , Selection procedure , Final Year Eligibility & more , SUBSCRIBE our Youtube Channel & click bell icon for latest free updates .. watch our latest job update now .